What are the Ends of Cabinets Called

The ends of cabinets are called “cabinet doors.” Cabinet doors are the panels that cover the opening at the front of a cabinet. They are usually made of wood, but can also be made of metal, glass, or plastic.

Cabinet doors can be hinged to open from either the left or right side, and may have one or two handles or knobs.

If you’re a homeowner, or even if you’re just planning to remodel your kitchen, you’ve probably wondered what those end panels on cabinets are called. Well, wonder no more! Those end panels are simply called cabinet ends.

Cabinet ends serve two main purposes: they provide support for the cabinet doors, and they give the cabinets a finished look. If your kitchen has exposed cabinet ends (meaning the sides of the cabinets are visible), then it’s important to choose panels that complement the style of your kitchen. For example, if you have shaker-style cabinets, then selecting shaker-style end panels would be a good choice.

Cabinet ends can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, MDF (medium density fiberboard), and laminate. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option, MDF is usually the way to go. Laminate is also an affordable choice and it’s easy to clean and maintain.

Wood is obviously the most expensive option, but it also gives your kitchen a high-end look. No matter what material you choose for your cabinet ends, make sure they’re properly installed so that they can do their job properly!

Inset vs. Overlay Cabinets

What is the Top of Kitchen Cabinets Called?

The top of kitchen cabinets is typically called the crown molding. Crown molding is a type of wood trim that’s used to decorate the tops of cabinets. It’s usually made from a hardwood, such as oak or maple, and it can be stained or painted to match the cabinets.

What is the Bottom of a Kitchen Cabinet Called

The bottom of a kitchen cabinet is often called the toe kick. The toe kick is the small space at the bottom of your cabinets that allows you to stand close to the countertop while still being able to access the contents of your lower cabinets. Many people believe that this space is wasted, but it can actually be used for storage.

There are a few different ways to utilize this space, and we’ll explore some of them below. One way to use the toe kick space is by installing a drawer. This can be done by hiring a professional or purchasing a kit and doing it yourself.

If you go the DIY route, make sure you measure twice and cut once! A mistake here could ruin your whole project. Once you have your drawer installed, you can use it to store things like silverware, cooking utensils, or even Tupperware lids.

Another option for utilizing the toe kick space is by installing shelves. This is a great way to add extra storage without taking up any additional floor space. You can find shelves that fit right into the toe kick area or have them custom made.

If you go with custom shelves, just make sure they’re not too deep so that you can still comfortably stand at your countertop when using them. Shelves are perfect for storing things like spices, cookbooks, or small appliances that you don’t use every day but want to keep within easy reach. If you’re not looking to add any additional storage but still want to make use of the toe kick area, consider painting it or adding trim work.

This will give the illusion of taller cabinets and make your kitchen feel more spacious overall. Just be careful not to choose a color that will clash with your cabinetry or flooring!

What are the Parts of a Cabinet Called

Assuming you are talking about a kitchen cabinet: The parts of a kitchen cabinet are the door, drawer front, drawer box, shelf, toe kick, and side panel. The door is the part that covers the opening of the cabinet and is attached to the rest of the cabinet with hinges.

The drawer front is the part of the cabinet that you see when a drawer is open. It is attached to the rest of the cabinet with screws or nails. The drawer box is what holds the drawer contents in place.

It sits on top of runners (small metal tracks) that allow it to slide in and out easily. The shelf is what provides storage space inside the cabinet. It can be adjustable or fixed depending on your needs.

The toe kick is the small piece of trim at the bottom of the cabinet that helps protect your toes from getting hit by drawers as they are opened and closed. The side panel completes the frame of the cabinet and helps support everything else.

What are the Ends of Cabinets Called

Credit: cabinet-depot.com

What are the Different Parts of a Cabinet Called?

When it comes to kitchen cabinets, there are a lot of different parts that go into making them. From the frame and door to the drawer fronts and hardware, each piece plays an important role in the overall look and function of your cabinets. Here is a quick rundown of the different parts of a cabinet and what they are called:

Frame: The frame is the structure that supports the cabinet doors and drawers. It is typically made from wood or metal and can be either exposed or hidden depending on the style of cabinet you have. Doors: Cabinet doors are attached to the frame and cover the opening of the cabinet.

They can be made from a variety of materials including wood, glass, or metal, and come in many different styles. Drawer Fronts: Drawer fronts are attached to the drawers themselves and sit flush with the doors when closed. Like doors, they come in a variety of materials, styles, and sizes.

Hardware: Hardware includes all of the knobs, pulls, hinges, etc. that are used to open and close the doors and drawers. It is typically made from metal or plastic but can also be made from other materials like wood or ceramic.

What are End Panels for Cabinets?

End panels are an important part of cabinets because they provide support for the cabinet structure and door alignment. End panels also give the cabinet a finished look. There are many different styles of end panels available, so it is important to choose one that compliments the style of your cabinets.

What is the Edge of a Cabinet Door Called?

If you’re looking to update your kitchen cabinets, one of the first places to start is with the doors. Cabinet doors can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, laminate, and metal. They also come in a variety of styles, from raised panel to flat panel.

But no matter what style or material you choose, all cabinet doors have one thing in common: they all have an edge. The edge of a cabinet door is also known as the lip. It’s the part of the door that sits on top of the frame when the door is closed.

The lip can be either flush with the rest of the door or it can be slightly recessed. Depending on your preference, you can choose a cabinet door with a lip that matches the rest of the door or one that stands out from it. When choosing a new cabinet door, keep in mind that the size and shape of the lip will affect how easy it is to open and close the door.

A small lip might make it harder to grab onto when you’re trying to open the door, while a large lip could get in the way when you’re trying to close it. If you’re not sure which size or style will work best for your kitchen, ask a professional for help before making your final decision.

What is the Trim around Cabinets Called?

If you’re looking to add a touch of elegance to your kitchen, one way to do so is by adding trim around your cabinets. Trim can be used to highlight the natural beauty of your cabinets and make them stand out even more. There are many different types of trim available, but one of the most popular choices is called crown molding.

Crown molding is a type of wood trim that’s placed around the top edge of cabinets, giving them a finished look. It’s a relatively simple project to install crown molding, and it can really transform the look of your kitchen.


If you’re looking to do a kitchen renovation, one of the first things you need to think about is what kind of cabinets you want. One important detail to consider is the ends of cabinets – what are they called? Here’s a quick guide to help you out.

The two main types of cabinet ends are called square and bullnose. Square ends are just that – square. They have 90 degree corners and tend to be less expensive than bullnose ends.

Bullnose cabinet ends have rounded edges and can give your kitchen a softer, more luxurious look. However, they also come at a higher price tag. When it comes time to pick out your cabinets, take some time to think about which type of end would best suit your needs and budget.

Leave a Comment